Dancehall music has grown to become a bigger musical genre in Africa especially Ghana.
Anytime the conversation is about dancehall, two names always come to mind; Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy.
They’re the two most successful dancehall artistes in Ghana and Africa as a whole.
In this list, we are looking at the Top Five dancehall artistes in Ghana.
There wouldn’t be any clear difference between the first two, they’re on their own and they’ll occupy the number 1 position in draw contest.
1. – Shatta Wale: Coming back to the industry and rebranding from “Bandana” to Shatta Wale and to top it all, never slacked but went ahead to write his name into the records is something to be proud of. Being the most controversial dancehall artiste in Ghana but still did greater works is mind blowing. One major achievement is being featured on Beyoncé’s album.
Shatta Wale is still working on releasing his “Gift Of God Album” and this is actually going to be fireworks.
– The next one on our list also occupies number 1 position and that’s by no surprise, Stonebwoy. Stonebwoy has been able to contribute to the emergence and growth of reggae/dancehall music genre in Africa and Ghana. He has had numerous international collaborations and successful world tours. Stonebwoy holds the record of winning “4 consecutive” dancehall artiste of the year at VGMA.
3. Samini concludes our top 5 list. The “Time Bomb” hitmaker will make any list that talks about regga/dancehall. He helped to make the genre a popular one in Ghana. From his nurturing we got Stonebwoy. He keeps dropping classic tunes all the time.
4. The fourth person on our list is Larusso. The young artiste has emerged and maintained his momentum in the dancehall genre and still contribute to the success of it. His “Giddem” has been nothing but a beautiful tune that became an instant hit and loved by music lovers.
5. Jupitar is at number 5 on our list. The dancehall general makes our top 5 list and sits comfortably at number 4. The “Enemies” hitmaker has helped in making the dancehall genre a success in Ghana. We hope to get more hard tunes from him. His energy is one of a kind.
We give constructive criticisms to our artistes on social media and other platforms but it doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate or realize what they do to the music culture. Anyway, not every reader is going to side with our list, your criticisms are welcome but we can’t fix your favorite if he/she isn’t here.
I know for sure, some other fans would be shocked to see their favorite here, they got swerved LOL, know it’s all LOVE and honesty, no hatred towards your favorite artiste. Keep it locked.